Text COVIDNOLA to 888777 to get updates from the city on COVID-19 and visit the NOLA Ready site for more information and resources directly from the city, including how to be vaccinated.
From healthcare concerns to unemployment insurance. If you have or know of resources to add to this list, email us here.
- Updates from Ochsner on COVID-19: information on Ochsner facilities and access and other coronavirus information.
- CDC: How to Protect Yourself: Wear a mask. Wash your hands. Stay at home if at all possible.
- Johns Hopkins: If You Think You Are Sick: For more information on what you can do if you think you might have coronavirus.
- Updates on COVID-19 from the World Health Organization: Rolling updates on coronavirus news.
- Is It Flu or Coronavirus?: information from Ochsner.
- How Social Distancing Helps: information from Ochsner.
- Mental Health Resources from NOLA Ready.
- Online 12-Step Resources.
Income and Other Resources
- Unemployment Support from the Louisiana Workforce Commission: For those who have lost employment.
- Resources for food and nutrition in New Orleans from NOLA Ready.
- Information about utilities in New Orleans from NOLA Ready.
- A community poll from the Central City Renaissance Alliance.
- Community resources from Dirty Coast.
For Families With Children
- Nutrition programs for families from NOLA Public Schools.
- Check out NORDC’s website for a list of summer offerings and preregistration online.
- Scholastic’s daily reading resources for kids learning from home.
- Tutors from Homework Louisiana every day, from 2 pm to midnight.
- Free subscriptions from education companies for those learning from home.
- Proposed daily schedule for parents with kids learning from home from Khan Academy.
- Good Housekeeping’s list of DIY projects for kids.
- Recipes you can cook with your kids.
- A list of science experiments you can do at home with kids.
For Fun or Entertainment During Quarantine
- Georgia Aquarium Live Cam: a little light entertainment for those in quarantine.
- A Daily Activities Schedule for Kids: for those trying to figure out what to while your kids are home from school.
- Things Teenagers Can Do in Isolation: activities for your teenagers during quarantine.
- Have you ever wanted to say you’ve taken an Ivy League course? All eight of the schools making up the prestigious Ivy League – Harvard, Yale, Princeton , Cornell, University of Pennsylvania, Brown, Dartmouth and Columbia — offer online classes to the public for free. You can also check out Coursera.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration has several courses on its website designed to help beginners and established business owners. The topics include an overview of the legal requirements for small businesses and a section for young entrepreneurs.
- Would you like to brush up on your art skills? Check out the Kennedy Center’s YouTube channel at 12 p.m. (CDT) weekdays. Artist Mo Willems is offering live “lunch doodle” classes.
Enjoy a 10-minute Bounce ‘n Line instructional video from Nola’s own Dancing Grounds.
- Whether it’s already a staple in your routine or you’ve been a long-time hater, now is the good time to invest in finding your inner zen. Tips on how to meditate: here.
- Stage a puppet show or create a treasure hunt for kids.