Service Learning by the Numbers
NOAHH’s Service Learning program connects classroom content to real-world experience through A Brush With Kindness projects. Partnering teachers present students with material relevant to NOAHH’s mission, and NOAHH staff lead students in on-site reflection throughout their day of service.
- 3: NOAHH programs students will serve within: New Home Construction, A Brush with Kindness, Attack the Block.
- 4: Partner schools for this year: Louise S. McGehee, Metairie Park Country Day, Mount Carmel, and St. Martin’s Episcopal.
- 5: Subjects partner schools will use to integrate service into classroom instruction: U.S. Government, English, Social Justice, American Literature, and Character Education.
- 19: Years Mt. Carmel Academy has partnered with NOAHH.
- 450: Students participating in service learning program each year.
- 2,450: Total hours of service those students will perform this year.
A generous grant from the Brown Foundation makes this important program possible. To learn more, contact Amy at 504-609-3351.