JOB TITLE: Various AmeriCorps Positions
DATE: April 7, 2014
DESCRIPTION: New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity is now recruiting for 16 AmeriCorps members in the following positions:
- Construction (12, National Directs)
- Family Services (1, National Direct)
- Communications (1, VISTA)
- Development (1, VISTA)
- Blight Reduction Associate (1, VISTA)
POSITION OVERVIEW: The positions will have the following responsibilities:
- Construction: National Direct members work directly onsite helping to provide affordable and decent housing to families in Orleans Parish. Members in this position will lead volunteers daily, while learning and applying construction skills. Projects will include new construction, home repairs, and rehabs.
- Family Services: This National Direct member will support the efforts of the Outreach Coordinator to recruit partner families to the first time homebuyer’s program. This member will also be a part of the management and outreach for our A Brush With Kindness and Critical Home Repair programs.
- Communications: This VISTA member will develop ways to market our mission and special events throughout the year. This member will assist the communications, development and marketing departments.
- Development: This VISTA member will assist in projects with the Development Department, focusing on neighborhood revitalization, fundraising and community partnerships.
- Blight Reduction Associate: This VISTA member is responsible for continuing the work that has been done to track blight across our target neighborhoods and works directly with many partners in the city.
QUALIFICATIONS: New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity seeks individuals who are motivated and passionate about affordable housing, neighborhood revitalizations, and helping low income families in New Orleans.
TO APPLY: Please email Avery, the AmeriCorps Host Site Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include your cover letter, resume and 3 references. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in: the AmeriCorps program, specific position, living in New Orleans.
SALARY: Stipend provided through the AmeriCorps program.