New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity has been a part of the New Orleans community for over 30 years. In that time, the affiliate has built over 550 homes and, between 2006 and 2012, contributed more than $300 million in economic impact. NOAHH was one of the first organizations to begin rebuilding after the storms and floods of 2005, and our programs have expanded since then to meet the continuing needs of the area. The families served by our affiliate are the keepers of tradition and culture that make our city unique and the hard working people that contribute so much to our communities. To work for NOAHH is to work for the preservation and improvement of the city of New Orleans.
NOAHH currently employs about 40 staff, including AmeriCorps members, part time, and full time employees as construction staff, ReStore staff, and office staff. We are committed to New Orleans and the fight against poverty housing, and a highlight of the experience is the opportunity to work alongside our partner families and see the tangible results of our efforts to change lives and communities.
Cover letter and resumes should be addressed to:
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity Human Resources
2900 Elysian Fields Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70122
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. Women and minority-owned businesses are encouraged to apply.
Opportunities for Sub-Contractors
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity invites contractors with the following trades to apply for current opportunities: HVAC, Foundation, Electrical, Plumbing and Sheetrock. Please provide your contractor’s license number (as appropriate), proof of insurance, and a list of jobs and references as well as contact information to email@example.com. Applications accepted via email only.
A Brush with Kindness Home Repair Project Manager
The ABWK Project Manager is in charge of facilitating 35+ construction projects a year on owner occupied homes. The Project Manager completes the initial home assessment, scope of work, budget and oversees a construction crew on the work being performed.
- Home Assessments on potential projects
- Creating a scope of wok
- Creating an estimate
- Work with Development Department on grant compliance
- Manage construction staff
- Assist on site with groups of unskilled volunteers
- Facilitate ordering materials and moving tools and material from site to site
- Communicate with Homeowners, Case Managers and Director of Construction on project progress
- Manage sub contractors
- 5 or more years of residential construction experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work in an office as well as on a construction site
A Brush with Kindness Home Repair Site Supervisor
The ABWK Home Repair Site Supervisor will be the on site supervisor for 40+ construction projects a year on occupied homes. The Supervisor will work hand in hand with Americorps and volunteers on large and small projects that will require a wide skill range. The person in this position will work closely with ABWK Home Repair Project Manager to keep all projects on scope, budget and on schedule.
- Home Assessments on potential projects
- Supervising up to 50 volunteers per day
- Supervising 2-3 NOAHH Americorps staff daily
- Communicating material needs to Project Manager
- Working with sub-contractors
- Assisting in creation of scope of work & estimates
- Effectively managing multiple projects
- Communicate with respectfully with homeowners and community members
- 3 or more years of hands on residential construction experience
- Wide variety of construction knowledge and experience
- Problem Solver
- Highly Organized
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- High School diploma or GED, College degree preferred
The Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day management of purchasing functions, including but not limited to: creating purchase orders, collecting subcontractor and vendor pricing/estimates, and monitoring budgets.
- Prepares purchase orders
- Works with subcontractors to obtain bids/estimates for work done on company owned properties
- Orders and tracks insurance on properties throughout the construction process and on rental properties
- Performs information transmittal to and from vendors and subcontractors
- Works with Real Estate and Planning Specialist to monitor condition of properties with opens loans
- Property management duties as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Timberline software
- An understanding of construction methods and logistics, bids, and plan take-offs
- General insurance knowledge
- Ability to work independently
- Sound judgement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Salary commensurate with experience.