New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity has been a part of the New Orleans community for over 30 years. In that time, the affiliate has built over 550 homes and, between 2006 and 2012, contributed more than $300 million in economic impact. NOAHH was one of the first organizations to begin rebuilding after the storms and floods of 2005, and our programs have expanded since then to meet the continuing needs of the area. The families served by our affiliate are the keepers of tradition and culture that make our city unique and the hard working people that contribute so much to our communities. To work for NOAHH is to work for the preservation and improvement of the city of New Orleans.
NOAHH currently employs about 40 staff, including AmeriCorps members, part time, and full time employees as construction staff, ReStore staff, and office staff. We are committed to New Orleans and the fight against poverty housing, and a highlight of the experience is the opportunity to work alongside our partner families and see the tangible results of our efforts to change lives and communities.
Cover letter and resumes should be addressed to
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity Human Resources
2900 Elysian Fields Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70122
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. Women and minority-owned businesses are encouraged to apply.
Opportunities for Sub-Contractors
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity invites contractors with the following trades to apply for current opportunities: HVAC, Foundation, Electrical, Plumbing and Sheetrock. Please provide your contractor’s license number (as appropriate), proof of insurance, and a list of jobs and references as well as contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted via email only.
DBE-certified and non-DBE contractors
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity, Inc. (NOAHH) will be accepting quotes for the construction of the first five homes out of 48 total in the Lower 9th Ward. The scopes of work include but are limited to the following: electrical, plumbing, site prep, installation of pilings, sheetrock install, HVAC, foundation, flatwork, block work, closed cell foam insulation, cabinets, landscaping, vibration monitoring, pump truck, etc. Material quotes for the following: concrete, trusses, paint, flooring. NOAHH encourages any DBE certified contractors to summit quotes.
All RTQ’s are due by 4:00 pm on January 3rd, 2017, at 2900 Elysian Fields Ave NOLA 70122.
Please contact Cheryl Przygocki at email@example.com for an application package.
NOAHH’s work in the community is supported by proceeds from the Habitat ReStore on Elysian Fields Avenue. Our ReStore accepts donations of new and gently used furniture, building materials, appliances, cabinets, lighting, plumbing, flooring, hardware, interior décor and more. Open to the public, ReStore sells these items at significant discounts, providing an opportunity for everyone to save their hard-earned money and complete their home improvement and do-it-yourself projects affordably.
Following a few years of exceptional growth, NOAHH’s ReStore operation is expanding! We aim to open a second ReStore location around late summer/early fall 2017.
The ReStore Director will be responsible for the overall direction and management of New Orleans’ Habitat ReStores: supervising store managers and their teams in day-to-day operations, developing strategic relationships – with major donors and others – that benefit the ReStore and working to maximize the ReStore’s positive financial impact to the affiliate.
For the next 12-16 months, the ReStore Director will be focused primarily on the second ReStore venture: contributing to store layout and design, hiring and training new staff, recruiting volunteers, preparing and marketing for a Grand Opening, developing and implementing coordinated donations and sales systems, and building a culture of consistent excellence and service that reflects NOAHH’s values.
- Oversee opening of 2nd ReStore and provide leadership for both stores
- Maintain safe workplaces for all staff, volunteers and customers
- Develop an annual budget in conjunction with the Director of Operations, and meet budgetary goals, including gross sales and net revenue
- Supervise and support the ReStore Managers and their teams in the following processes: staff scheduling, donation pickups and intake, pricing, material handling, volunteer management, customer service, merchandising, sales growth, etc.
- Supervise and support the Donations Manager in the following processes: donor prospect identification, solicitation, scheduling, acquisition, acknowledgment, relationship management, outreach strategy, capacity building, etc.
- Accurately track and report financial information to Finance department
- Work with the Advancement Department to develop marketing strategies tailored to both donors and customers – especially leading up to the new ReStore’s Grand Opening – including social media, email newsletters and other promotional strategies
- Work with the Volunteer Department to recruit volunteers, emphasizing local volunteer retention and the development of a core volunteer program
- Liaise with Habitat for Humanity International when appropriate to capitalize on Supplemental ReStore Merchandise (SRM) or other ReStore development opportunities
- Plan and host events with local partners to increase awareness of opportunities to donate and shop at the ReStore
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for ReStore staff
- Track key operational and growth metrics, using them to make ongoing improvements
- Support the NOAHH mission and collaborate on other affiliate initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years management experience or with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably in retail or nonprofit settings
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivation to solve problems creatively and as a part of a team
- Ability to lift and move 50lbs
- Knowledge of construction/home repair or point-of-sale systems a plus
- Specific Habitat ReStore experience a plus
Construction Systems Team Member Position
This Americorps Vista member will support the Director of Construction to develop and implement systems and processes that will enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the construction department. This person will be challenged to research and put into practice procedures in the following key areas: warehouse and tool inventory management, team development, construction management software and green building practices
- Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
- Strong research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to sit at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Comfortable making regular visits to construction sites
Habitat ReStore supports NOAHH’s mission by selling donated items such as furniture, appliances and building materials. All profits from the Habitat ReStore are used to help NOAHH continue our mission to build and repair more homes with families in the New Orleans area. The Donation Ambassador assists the ReStore team in the handling of all donated goods from the point of donation through delivery to the ReStore’s receiving/processing area and sales floor.
Most of your time will be spent picking up donations in a box truck of 14 or 26 feet or a small flatbed truck. You will be a vital point of contact with our donors at their home or place of business, managing the polite refusal of donations not accepted, and safe transport of saleable goods to the processing area of the ReStore. The employee is expected to maintain good working relations with coworkers and be able to explain to donors, customers and volunteers the New Orleans Habitat for Humanity mission and how the New Orleans ReStore supports it. The employee must be able to efficiently manage volunteers in support of our work. The employee will also assist in the processing of donated items within the store and a variety of other tasks and duties assigned as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Six months warehouse, retail or driving experience preferred. Air brake and manual transmission experience a plus.
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move 50lbs or more during the loading, unloading and processing of donations.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission of New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity and the Restore
- In order to be considered, applicant must have a current valid Louisiana driver’s license and meet the Company driving standards. Employment is subject to background check and drug screening.
- Knowledge of construction, carpentry, and home repair are a plus. Forklift experience and/or certification a plus. CPR/First Aid training will be provided.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references in a single Word or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary to be commensurate with experience, and NOAHH provides a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and the position will be open until filled.