New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity has been a part of the New Orleans community for over 30 years. In that time, the affiliate has built over 550 homes and, between 2006 and 2012, contributed more than $300 million in economic impact. NOAHH was one of the first organizations to begin rebuilding after the storms and floods of 2005, and our programs have expanded since then to meet the continuing needs of the area. The families served by our affiliate are the keepers of tradition and culture that make our city unique and the hard working people that contribute so much to our communities. To work for NOAHH is to work for the preservation and improvement of the city of New Orleans.
NOAHH currently employs about 40 staff, including AmeriCorps members, part time, and full time employees as construction staff, ReStore staff, and office staff. We are committed to New Orleans and the fight against poverty housing, and a highlight of the experience is the opportunity to work alongside our partner families and see the tangible results of our efforts to change lives and communities.
Cover letter and resumes should be addressed to:
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity Human Resources
2900 Elysian Fields Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70122
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace. Women and minority-owned businesses are encouraged to apply.
Opportunities for Sub-Contractors
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity invites contractors with the following trades to apply for current opportunities: HVAC, Foundation, Electrical, Plumbing and Sheetrock. Please provide your contractor’s license number (as appropriate), proof of insurance, and a list of jobs and references as well as contact information to email@example.com. Applications accepted via email only.
DBE certified contractors
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity, Inc. (NOAHH) will be accepting quotes for the construction of the first five homes out of 48 total in the Lower 9th Ward. The scopes of work include but are limited to the following: electrical, plumbing, site prep, installation of pilings, sheetrock install, HVAC, foundation, flatwork, block work, closed cell foam insulation, cabinets, landscaping, vibration monitoring, pump truck, etc. Material quotes for the following: concrete, trusses, paint, flooring. NOAHH encourages any DBE certified contractors to summit quotes.
All RTQ’s are due by 4:00 pm on January 3rd, 2017, at 2900 Elysian Fields Ave NOLA 70122.
Please contact Cheryl Przygocki at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application package.
NOAHH’s work in the community is supported by proceeds from the Habitat ReStore on Elysian Fields Avenue. Our ReStore accepts donations of new and gently used furniture, building materials, appliances, cabinets, lighting, plumbing, flooring, hardware, interior décor and more. Open to the public, ReStore sells these items at significant discounts, providing an opportunity for everyone to save their hard-earned money and complete their home improvement and do-it-yourself projects affordably.
Following a few years of exceptional growth, NOAHH’s ReStore operation is expanding! We aim to open a second ReStore location around late summer/early fall 2017.
The ReStore Director will be responsible for the overall direction and management of New Orleans’ Habitat ReStores: supervising store managers and their teams in day-to-day operations, developing strategic relationships – with major donors and others – that benefit the ReStore and working to maximize the ReStore’s positive financial impact to the affiliate.
For the next 12-16 months, the ReStore Director will be focused primarily on the second ReStore venture: contributing to store layout and design, hiring and training new staff, recruiting volunteers, preparing and marketing for a Grand Opening, developing and implementing coordinated donations and sales systems, and building a culture of consistent excellence and service that reflects NOAHH’s values.
- Oversee opening of 2nd ReStore and provide leadership for both stores
- Maintain safe workplaces for all staff, volunteers and customers
- Develop an annual budget in conjunction with the Director of Operations, and meet budgetary goals, including gross sales and net revenue
- Supervise and support the ReStore Managers and their teams in the following processes: staff scheduling, donation pickups and intake, pricing, material handling, volunteer management, customer service, merchandising, sales growth, etc.
- Supervise and support the Donations Manager in the following processes: donor prospect identification, solicitation, scheduling, acquisition, acknowledgment, relationship management, outreach strategy, capacity building, etc.
- Accurately track and report financial information to Finance department
- Work with the Advancement Department to develop marketing strategies tailored to both donors and customers – especially leading up to the new ReStore’s Grand Opening – including social media, email newsletters and other promotional strategies
- Work with the Volunteer Department to recruit volunteers, emphasizing local volunteer retention and the development of a core volunteer program
- Liaise with Habitat for Humanity International when appropriate to capitalize on Supplemental ReStore Merchandise (SRM) or other ReStore development opportunities
- Plan and host events with local partners to increase awareness of opportunities to donate and shop at the ReStore
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for ReStore staff
- Track key operational and growth metrics, using them to make ongoing improvements
- Support the NOAHH mission and collaborate on other affiliate initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years management experience or with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably in retail or nonprofit settings
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivation to solve problems creatively and as a part of a team
- Ability to lift and move 50lbs
- Knowledge of construction/home repair or point-of-sale systems a plus
- Specific Habitat ReStore experience a plus
Volunteer Services Associate Position
Position will be hired to begin on Monday December 5, 2016
Our goal in Volunteer Services Department is to recruit and maintain volunteers, who come to spend time supporting our work in New Orleans. Currently, NOAHH hosts about 8,000 unique volunteers a year, who come from the local community and all over the world. We also want to ensure that all volunteers have the best possible experience, beginning with the sign up process and ending with follow up post their volunteer time with us.
The primary function of this full-time position is to assist the Director of Volunteer Services in the coordinating of NOAHH’s volunteers on all levels. This is done in partnership with other departments, and clear communication with the Director of Volunteer Services. This associate will also assist in building and maintaining relationships with volunteers, through correspondence with groups and individuals, visiting volunteers on site, representing NOAHH at outreach events and other tasks as assigned. Volunteer Services is a small department, so there will be much collaboration and need for team work in this position.
- Responsible for coordination of online volunteer schedule, and working with other staff to ensure that information is correct and communicated in a timely manner. This includes online confirmation, sign up, cancellations, and all correspondence with out of state volunteers on a regular basis.
- Expand and recruit volunteer outreach/programming in the local community, both for construction and for the next NOAHH ReStore, This will focus on all of Orleans Parish, as well as the Kenner area. Outreach will need to engage with faith communities, schools, businesses, service clubs, etc.
- NOAHH’s Service Learning program connects classroom content to real-world experience. This position will work with partnered service learning schools to schedule service dates, plan and execute on-site discussions and reflection activities, and, occasionally, visit classes before or after service.
- Ensure that all volunteer groups have a positive experience, which includes visiting sites, recognizing outstanding and long term partners, and supporting them while volunteering with NOAHH.
- Supporting Director of Volunteer Services as needed with other duties, as well as partnering with other department on large scale affiliate events, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Detail oriented and highly organized and able to work independently
- Works well with others and is a team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or other Volunteer Database a plus
- Event planning experience preferred
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references in a single Word or PDF document to email@example.com. Salary to be commensurate with experience, and NOAHH provides a comprehensive benefits package. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and the position will be open until filled.